We are pleased to report that we have a new neighbor — Everest Academy, the premiere private school in Ontario for student-athletes from grades 1 through 12. Everest moved into their new facility on March 29, 2016 occupying over 29,000 square feet of custom-built classroom and high performance fitness space. Everest will continue to be a full-time weekday user of the Everest Ice facility in support of its hockey skills development program. Anyone interested in exploring enrollment in Everest Academy can contact them directly at 905.881.3335.
Programs Coordinator Job Opportunity (hockey, sports, league) – Vaughan, ON
Everest Ice (130 Racco Parkway – Thornhill, ON) is seeking a committed individual for the role of Programs Coordinator. This role will include the management of both Everest Men’s Hockey League and 4 on 4 summer hockey league. This opportunity is ideal for a motivated applicant looking to work in sports – with a rapidly growing company.
– Call and email prospective players, managers and coaches to increase league registration
– Manage registrations and align divisions accordingly
– Handle all league inquiries from customers, both existing and prospective
– Manage league website, basic web maintenance
– Schedule all league games
– Sheriff league disciplinarian actions (suspension, warnings)
– Assign time keepers and work closely with the referee in chief to ensure the staffing of officials
– Contribute to marketing strategies leading to league promotion
– Help develop and add to league rules and protocol
– Assist administrative department in gathering payment from teams and players
– Organized person, with a strong attention to detail
– Excellent communication skills
– Computer proficient (Word, Excel and basic web maintenance)
– Good knowledge of hockey and it’s rules
– Outgoing personality with the ability to develop and keep relationships
– Self-motivated individual who is capable of working on their own
– Must be able to keep calm when dealing with temperamental situations
Additional Details Hours:
Afternoon to evening (30-40 hours)
Hourly (rate depending on experience)
The selected individual will be prepared to start immediately
Applications Reference the job title in the subject line of your email.
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
With our renovations in place, we’re excited to announce that you can now rent our 2nd floor banquet facility for your holiday or team event. Take advantage of:
- Excellent floor space with seating for small groups of 20 to over 200
- Built-in dance floor for mixed event activities
- Full on-site catering services for most any-style buffet meal plan service
- Great acoustics for music and presentations
- Event-specific liquor licensing available
If you are interesting in exploring this further, please contact us via email at email@example.com or call us directly at 905-763-9180 ext 338 and ask for Gina.
Rent the ice — rent the facility — serve food — have a great time at Everest Ice.
Our emails have changed over from the old thepavilion.ca domain to everestice.ca:
firstname.lastname@example.org — main line for all inquiries about ice rentals and facilities
email@example.com — all inquiries related to the men’s league
firstname.lastname@example.org — contact Jeff Amaral, our facility general manager
email@example.com — contact Stephen Pollack, the business owner of Everest Ice and Everest Academy
The web site will be updated shortly from this temporary site to a full business site. Stay tuned!
PS: Did you know the snack bar is now open on the main floor — look for some exciting healthy food offers over the next few months
After nearly two weeks of round-the-clock work by our staff and supporting service partners, the rinks officially re-opened on July 6th with former NHL player Jim Thomson holding the first skate with one of his elite prospect camps. There is still much work to do including finishing up the dressing room renovations but the overall environment already looks high quality and the work done to update the look, feel and cleanliness of the facility is progressing well.
Next step is to complete the main floor renovation which includes building out the Everest Eagles Nest (snack bar), expand the administrative offices and add a new main floor dressing room.
There is also a lot of work going on up at the second floor as the Taps Grill area undergoes some major changes and the old Everest classrooms in the back are redone to add three new team rooms.
Voila — spread out the logo and the rink comes alive.
The ice resurfacing is almost done. The last main design activity is to paint the ice:
– a white base layer
– all the relevant lines
– cover in thin layer of ice
And it looks like a hockey rink!
With the sand levelled and all the cooling pipes in good working order, the next step is to saturate the sand so that it can become a frozen base for the ice and heavier equipment. The video shows the initial misting procedure used.
Renovations and upgrades at Everest Ice are in full swing. The big project focuses on resurfacing the North and South ice rinks which includes:
- melting the ice
- resetting the Boards
- re-leveling the sand base
- replacing various glass panels
- restoring the ice surface with new center ice logo
Watch a time lapse video showing the old paint being removed: